Wednesday, September 26, 2007

49-O Right to no(ugh)t vote


Hi all,
Please take some time to read this entire post. Hope many of you wud hav heard abt dis during the elections but the most important clause of this 49-O goes unilluminated more woefully even by the media which is supposed to be the biggest impediment for any collusive act taking place during elections.,

"Accroding to the Conduct of Elections 1961, which governs the Elections taking place in India, If a valid voter has dislike to all the candidates competing his constituency, then he/she can opt for registering 49'O, which signifies the vote being cast but to nobody". By doing this the voter can exercise to prevent electoral fraud, and misuse of his/her vote."
And as a consequence:-
Some recent articles suggest that in case the number of votes recorded under Section 49-O is greater than the maximum number of votes polled in favour of any of the candidates, a repoll is held. Nonetheless dis is not explicitly mentioned in any of the sections of 'The Conduct of Elections Rules, 1961'

More than all, the shameful fact is, this 49'O is available ever since 1960, but it is in no way conveyed to the people. Neither the government communicate this, nor did the election commission.

So ur valubale vote is not restricted to the limited idiotic pigs competing der.,It has even a little more value wen its not cast for anyone under compulsion.,Do ask for 49-O if at al u find ur wards dissatisfactory.,der r ofcourse some other section namely 49-N, 49-P whic is not of much importance to us..,


REMEMBER UR VOTE IS VALUABLE !! ONE VOTE IS ALL ENUF 2 MAKE A DIFFERENT/DIFFERNCE(in) GOVT.......

4 comments:

Varadarajan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Varadarajan said...

Let me comment on my own post !!
In the recent election held, I heard 49-O option wud b availabl in the EVM itself.,but cudnt find it der.,I askd the electoral officer and conveyed my wish 2 use 49-O.,belv me he was unabl 2 understand wat is 49-O and began 2 go thro some set of books.,He also consulted with some of his collegues sitting der..He then pleaded me 2 cast my vote for some party n assured me of getting the details asap.,I told 'i m ready to wait for any stretch pf time and i want 49-O to be cast'..,After 2 hours they gave me a form and I filled it.,I m not sure of it reaching the election commission intact..,I dont think it wud hav .........

HATS OFF 2 THE EC....

Vijayan Daniel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Varadarajan said...

@Vijayan
Machi first GANDHIyoda spellinga correcta adida..,
Enna adikkardna mattum correcta adikkara illa ???? !!!!!!!!!!!!!