Tuesday, November 6, 2007

This is 'Chennai' for you


It was a sunny evening. I was on my way back home from Tnagar ofcourse in bike. Just for a moment I felt proud abt myself. For, I attracted the attention of everybody standing near a signal. I dint perform a skit, I never had a mic, der wasn't a mishap either. Guess what i did, I just stopped in a signal while it was showing 'red' perhaps when everybody else went evading (We are supposed 2 stop der isnt it ?). Is tat such a strange sight for the ppl around? A Govt bus driver kept looking at me fixedly til he went past atleast 10m ahead. I m happy my foto wasnt flashed in the next day's 'dinathandhi'.
Hats Off ChennaIteS......you made me proud :):)

3 comments:

RaHuL said...

hello. Am facing d same problem.actually i used to altercate wit people.. bt unfortunately no one s following...it ended up wid abuse words .. current major issue am facing s high beam light used in most of highways.. dat too in single lane.it s extremely difficult to drive bike dat too wearin hellmet.i even signald wid my hands to use normal beam & also advicd dem abt d difficulties faced by d motorcyclist....bt d result s "NIL". i need a good solution to stop dis lorry drivers,call taxis etc using high beam

Varadarajan said...

Yup buddy. It has become habitual these days. One awful quality of our traffic police is that, they let-loose the offenders and penalise the innocent. The whole system would become perfect if this happens vice-versa. This lets the offenders to transgress further and some handful of us who abide by the rules have a tough time wrangling with these ruffians. All I say is keep doing what u r supposed to do.,

Anonymous said...

Good post.